Use the Event Log graph, Verified Events table, and Debugger to ensure your pixel installation aligns with your campaign goals and dashboard reporting needs.
Applies to: Brands and Agencies
In the Advertiser's dashboard, navigate to Manage > Pixel.
The verification tools show all website activity – not just attributed activity. Our tools will show you if data is being collected, but we cannot verify if it's collecting the right information. Follow these steps to confirm:
- Is the pixel installed, and installed site-wide? View the Event Log graph to see website traffic. Hover over the graph to compare its activity to your internal data. Example: if your website typically receives 10,000 visits per day, but your graph shows 5,000 per day, then the pixel may not have been installed site-wide. In this case, you should revise your pixel installation.
- Will I be able to see Visitors in my dashboard? Use the Verified Events table to confirm. Note: The verification tools show all website activity – not just attributed activity.
- Event Name: should be descriptive, for advanced reporting purposes.
- Event Action: Page View is required to display visitors. Lead and Purchase event actions are rolled up in the dashboard, with breakouts in the Conversions section.
- Installation: Use the Installation column to see if the pixel is installed.
- Last Activity: shows when the pixel last fired.
3. Will I be able to see order values in my dashboard and reporting? Use the Debugger tool to verify what data is returning. Specifically for conversion actions (lead, purchase), be sure to confirm that what you see in the debugger is what you wish to see in reporting. Please note that the debugger data is showing all website activity, meaning you may use it as a pre-launch verification tool. The Debugger may also help answer questions like:
- Which webpages are my pixel events happening on?
- How can I see exactly what is being sent through the pixel?
Use the Debugger for Website Installation
To access the Debugger, navigate to Manage > Your Pixels. From there, click on your alpha-numeric pixel ID and select Debugger.
Pro tip: You can filter the debugger to show specific events (ex: purchases, leads, etc..), and you can also filter it to show mobile-only events if you have mobile events setup with Spotify Ad Analytics.
Use the Debugger and Event Mappings for Mobile Integrations
If you are utilizing one of our supported Mobile Integrations and are tracking mobile events for your campaign, you may need to map your mobile event action if the name of the action event being sent to Spotify Ad Analytics, does not match any of the Spotify Ad Analytics standard actions as listed: Purchase, Add To Cart, Product, Install, Checkout. You may add event mappings to mobile events.
- To add event mappings for your mobile events, navigate to Manage > Your Pixels > Click your alpha-numeric pixel ID > Event Mappings
- Click on the Add Mapping button, located in the top right corner of the page. Enter in the exact event name pulled from your mobile partner and then select the Spotify Ad Analytics standard conversion event action that should be mapped to your event name.
- When you're done, click on Save Event Mapping to save the mapping.
- Once you've saved your mappings, they will begin to populate into the debugger after attribution has run, because the raw pixel data will need to be parsed, curated and mapped with the settings that you have just saved.
Pro tip: The formatting is sensitive for this feature so please be sure to check that the event name formatting in Spotify Ad Analytics matches your formatting for the event name in your mobile integration partner.The Debugger will only show up to 100 of your most recent events at a time, so this will apply to the event mappings that fit this criteria