Ads measured by Spotify Ad Analytics require tags called Tracking URLs to be implemented in a Publisher's ad server.
What is it?
A Tracking URL is a tag that is generated for and applied to each campaign line item in order to measure the ad impression/download in a Publisher's ad server. Tracking URLs are generated in the Spotify Ad Analytics dashboard, for every new line item to be measured, and are used to collect data on the ads served. Different types of Tracking URLs are available to align with how the Publisher classifies the ad serving method for the given line item.
Types of Publisher Ad Insertion
Publishers are responsible for defining and managing their ad insertion providers within the following ad types:
- Embedded Ads are part of a podcast episode's audio. The ad read is typically recorded at the time of episode's production, and does not change when the episode is downloaded. To measure Embedded ads, Publishers must install our RSS Prefix.
- Dynamic Ads are inserted when audio content upon download onto a listener's device by the hosting provider. Through Tracking URLs, Spotify Ad Analytics processes impressions and reach based on download.
- Streaming Ads are inserted during audio content playback. Through Tracking URLs, Spotify Ad Analytics processes impressions and reach based on download.
- Though the method of ad insertion might differ across campaigns and publishers, Spotify Ad Analytics measures and processes data based on download across all ad insertion types for non-Spotify media.
- Spotify media is measured and processed based on confirmed ad impressions, providing access to more granular reporting and insights.